Gerry's Football Banker

Discussion about football systems, tipsters, etc.
TheBetEngine

Re: Gerry's Football Banker

Post by TheBetEngine » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:11 pm

TheGM wrote:With great respect Alistair that is like sayng "I think I will win as long as I don't lose". As you well know losing is inevitable. Long losing runs are inevitable. It is not a matter of IF but WHEN.

I think my statement is correct.

I didn't say I agreed with it (see my comment on the FBB thread) :-)

TheGM

Re: Gerry's Football Banker

Post by TheGM » Thu May 07, 2015 11:06 am

A big fat FAIL from Cashmaster here http://www.cash-master.com/blog/gerrys-football-bank-builder/.

"The problem with all of this is that the betting system used to make selections just isn’t profitable. As stated above, I’ve known this system for a long time and discarded it a long time ago because I couldn’t make it work long term."

"The issue is that at those Home Win odds levels you tend to get quite a few drawn games, which scupper your bet, so the 7 days where neither team won their game caused really significant losses which were only exacerbated by the loss recovery part of the staking plan. By the end of the month my bank had lost just over half its starting balance."

"I have no choice other than to file this under FAILED as the system its based on does not provide long term profit and, in my opinion, Staking Plans should only really be used to enhance profitable systems rather than trying to turn a losing one around. The loss recovery element will always get you in trouble if your basic system does not provide winners at a reasonable rate."